Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
parasolprojects

License error when added to GIT repo

I noticed that when I include Admin Columns Pro in my GIT repo and try to deploy to my production server, upon activation i get the following error:

“thrown in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/acp.php on line 161”

The only way I can get it to work, is if I download the install file and unzip directly on my production server. I noticed a few files which are not being tracked:

plugins/admin-columns-pro/assets/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Column/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Filtering/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/License/
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/ThirdParty/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/ThirdParty/YoastSeo/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/ThirdParty/YoastSeo/Filtering/.DS_Store
plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/ThirdParty/YoastSeo/Settings/.DS_Store

I’m assuming the problem is the directory ‘plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/License/’ which is getting added to my GIT repo.

I’ve looked to to see if there’s a gitignore that excludes this directory, but don’t see anything. Any idea why what may be causing this issue?

Perhaps I’m missing something.

Thank you.

5 years, 11 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

The “.DS_Store” files you are mentioning are not part of our plugin and are not included in the zip file. These files are generated by your OS (Mac only) and can safely be added to your .gitignore.

The “License” folder is part of the plugin (for the updates). Not sure why your GIT repo would ignore that folder, especially when it’s not empty. Maybe you could check the user permissions on it.

5 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.