Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
ddmcleod

Latest Version AC 5.3 Breaks Divi

I just updated to the latest version of Admin Columns Pro. I also have the latest version of the Divi Theme. As soon as I activate your new plugin, I have problems with Divi:
1. Cannot save pages from within the Divi Builder, generates a save error. As soon as I disable the AC 5.3 plugin, saving works again.
2. Cannot export Divi layout to an external file; the process simply hangs. Again, as soon as I disable AC 5.3, that functionality works fine.

Please check your plugin to see what might be causing this problem.

Thanks,

David McLeod

3 years, 7 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi David, can you check your PHP error log, and see if there are any errors related to our plugin?

3 years, 7 months ago
ddmcleod

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Even though I clicked the “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” option below, I did not get any notification via email.

Anyway, I have looked through all my error_log and debug.log files, and I don’t see any mention of admin columns anywhere in there.

This is a very strange problem. I have several sites that all use Divi and Admin Columns Pro. I also have a lot of other plugins that I use regularly across sites, although there are probably one or two that are not used on every site. Anyway, I checked on a different site with the latest Divi and the lates Admin Columns Pro, and strangely, I’m not seeing the same problem.

But on the site I referred to originally, the problem is very clear. When I activate ACP and try to save a page from the Divi front end, I get the same error every time. If I de-activate ACP first and then try to save the page (or post), everything works fine.

I’m not sure where to look to fix this problem. It may be a configuration issue involving ACP, Divi and one or more additional plugins, but it’s really hard to troubleshoot in a sensible way. I’ll just keep trying until I get a definitive answer (or, better yet, a stack trace or proper error message someplace), and I’ll get back to you.

David

3 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.