Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Gilles

Javascript errors when editing columns

I am getting javascript errors when trying to edit columns. And because of the errors, clicking the ‘Update’ button does nothing. Below are the javascript error information that I can get from Safari.

Any suggestions on what to do?

[Error] Error: Option ‘multiple’ is not allowed for Select2 when attached to a <select> element.
(anonymous function) (select2.min.js:1:18524)
each (load-scripts.php:2:2980)
prepareOpts (select2.min.js:1:18315)
prepareOpts (select2.min.js:2:17684)
init (select2.min.js:1:13782)
(anonymous function) (select2.min.js:2:30581)
each (load-scripts.php:2:840)
select2 (select2.min.js:2:30269)
(anonymous function) (layouts.js:96)
dispatch (load-scripts.php:4:8555)
handle (load-scripts.php:4:5258)
trigger (load-scripts.php:4:7656)
trigger (load-scripts.php:8:6737)
(anonymous function) (load-scripts.php:4:15525)
trigger (load-scripts.php:4:15498)
cpac_init (admin-settings.min.js:1:4149)
(anonymous function) (admin-settings.min.js:1:4491)
j (load-scripts.php:2:27315)
fireWith (load-scripts.php:2:28124)
ready (load-scripts.php:2:29968)
J (load-scripts.php:2:30328)

[Error] TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating ‘e.hasClass’)
(anonymous function) (load-scripts.php:605:1534)
dispatch (load-scripts.php:4:8555)
handle (load-scripts.php:4:5258)
trigger (load-scripts.php:4:7656)
trigger (load-scripts.php:8:6737)
(anonymous function) (load-scripts.php:4:15525)
trigger (load-scripts.php:4:15498)
(anonymous function) (load-scripts.php:604:2925)
j (load-scripts.php:2:27315)
fireWith (load-scripts.php:2:28124)
x (load-scripts.php:5:22123)
b (load-scripts.php:5:26032)

8 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Gilles,

This is a known issue since the 3.8 release and we have a ticket for this.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/470

The problem is that other plugins (mainly WooCommerce) load their own select2 script on our setting page.
We’re looking for a way to include select2 without any conflicts.

We like to know which plugin is also loading select2. Are you using WooCommerce addons or can you figure out which script from which plugin is causing the script error?

A temporary fix would be to disable the script loaded by the plugin by using wp_dequeue_script( 'select2' ) on our admin page (parameter page=codepress-admin-columns). I believe the mentioned WooCommerce addons use this ‘select2’ handle but you have to check which handle is used.

8 years ago
Gilles

The plugin triggering the conflict is:

WooCommerce Custom Order Status & Actions

How am I supposed to implement this temporary fix?

A temporary fix would be to disable the script loaded by the plugin by using
wp_dequeue_script( ‘select2’ )
on our admin page (parameter page=codepress-admin-columns).

8 years ago
Gilles

Oh and thank you for the prompt reply!

8 years ago
Developer

Hi Gilles,

Can you send me a copy of the WooCommerce Custom Order Status & Actions plugin so we can try to reproduce the issue and see if we can make a fix? Of course we use it for development only.

8 years ago
Developer

Hereby the temporary fix that removes other select2 libraries when on the Admin Columns settings page

function cac_select2_conflict_fix(){
	if( function_exists( 'cac_is_setting_screen' ) && cac_is_setting_screen() ){
		wp_dequeue_script( 'select2' );
	}
}
add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'cac_select2_conflict_fix' );
8 years ago
Gilles

The above did not work.

Gilles

8 years ago
Gilles

By the way, I tried to send you a copy of the plugin, but the email address you used is a noreply@admincolumns.com, which I cannot reply to.

Gilles

8 years ago
Gilles

Here is the code from the plugin loading select2:

if ( defined('WC_VERSION') && version_compare( WC_VERSION, '2.3', '>=' ) ) {
                if( !wp_script_is( 'select2', 'enqueued' ) ){
                    $suffix = defined('SCRIPT_DEBUG') && SCRIPT_DEBUG ? '' : '.min';
                    wp_register_script( 'select2', WC()->plugin_url() . '/assets/js/select2/select2' . $suffix . '.js', array( 'jquery' ), '3.5.2' );
                    wp_register_script( 'wc-enhanced-select', WC()->plugin_url() . '/assets/js/admin/wc-enhanced-select' . $suffix . '.js', array( 'jquery', 'select2' ), WC_VERSION );
                    wp_localize_script( 'select2', 'wc_select_params', array(
                        'i18n_matches_1'            => _x( 'One result is available, press enter to select it.', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_matches_n'            => _x( '%qty% results are available, use up and down arrow keys to navigate.', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_no_matches'           => _x( 'No matches found', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_ajax_error'           => _x( 'Loading failed', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_input_too_short_1'    => _x( 'Please enter 1 or more characters', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_input_too_short_n'    => _x( 'Please enter %qty% or more characters', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_input_too_long_1'     => _x( 'Please delete 1 character', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_input_too_long_n'     => _x( 'Please delete %qty% characters', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_selection_too_long_1' => _x( 'You can only select 1 item', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_selection_too_long_n' => _x( 'You can only select %qty% items', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_load_more'            => _x( 'Loading more results&hellip;', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                        'i18n_searching'            => _x( 'Searching&hellip;', 'enhanced select', 'woocommerce' ),
                    ) );
                    wp_localize_script( 'wc-enhanced-select', 'wc_enhanced_select_params', array(
                        'ajax_url'                         => admin_url( 'admin-ajax.php' ),
                        'search_products_nonce'            => wp_create_nonce( 'search-products' ),
                        'search_customers_nonce'           => wp_create_nonce( 'search-customers' )
                    ) );

wp_enqueue_script('wc-enhanced-select');
                }

}else{
                if( !wp_script_is( 'chosen', 'enqueued' ) ){
                    wp_register_script('chosen_js', WC()->plugin_url() . '/assets/js/chosen/chosen.jquery.min.js', array('jquery'), '2.66', true);
                    wp_register_script('ajax-chosen_js', WC()->plugin_url() . '/assets/js/chosen/ajax-chosen.jquery.min.js', array('jquery'), '2.66', true);

wp_enqueue_script('chosen_js');
                    wp_enqueue_script('ajax-chosen_js');
                }
            }

wp_enqueue_script( 'select2', WC()->plugin_url() . '/assets/js/select2/select2.min.js', array( 'jquery' ), '3.5.2' );
8 years ago
Gilles

My guess is that the fix is to make your admin screen register the script as ‘enqueued’ before the other plugin has a chance to reach this stage.

Gilles

8 years ago
Gilles

I think the fact that you are using a different handle for the same script is the problem:

wp_register_script( 'cacie-select2', CAC_INLINEEDIT_URL . 'library/select2/select2.min.js', array( 'jquery' ), CAC_PRO_VERSION );

If you had kept ‘select2’ as the name, my guess is that things would work as expected.

8 years ago
Gilles

Hmm changing this to ‘select2’ does not seem to fix the problem. I will let you investigate and suggest another fix.

8 years ago
Developer

Thanks for thinking with us.
We use our own prefix in css and js because we want to prevent conflicts :)
Thanks for the plugin, it seems that dequeueing the script is not enough.
But deregistering the script seems to solve the issue for now (temporary fix)

You can use this code in functions.php, we will look for a solution in the plugin.

wp_deregister_script( 'select2' );
	}
}
add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'cac_select2_conflict_fix', 11 );
8 years ago
Webaissance

I am getting this same error for Admin Columns Events when trying to inline edit tags and categories

select2.min.js?ver=3.2:503 Uncaught Error: Option 'multiple' is not allowed for Select2 when attached to a <select> element.

and author

Uncaught Error: Option 'ajax' is not allowed for Select2 when attached to a <select> element.

Admin Columns Pro – Events Calendar Version 1.4.1
Admin Columns Pro Version 4.7.2

4 years, 5 months ago
Webaissance

And I already tried the above code:

wp_deregister_script( 'select2' );
	}
}
add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'cac_select2_conflict_fix', 11 );
4 years, 5 months ago
Developer

The issue is that there is another select2 version running on the page.
We use version 4 and the error comes from version 3 if I’m correct.
First, you’ll need to find from which plugin the error comes from.

You can do that by looking at the error in your console and find the path that throws the error.
The snippet that you mention does not work anymore since the method that checks if you’re on the settings screen does not exist anymore. You could try to remove the conditional and see if that changes anything.

If that works, you can make the script more specific and only load on the table overview pages for example. I also can’t tell you for sure if the old select2 version is actually needed on the page or that is simply loaded on every admin page, which is bad practice if you ask me :)

4 years, 5 months ago
Webaissance

Thank you Stefan – I’ll try those ideas…

4 years, 5 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.