Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Daniel

Issues w/ ACF columns (memory limit)

Hey,
we just noticed some issues involving php memory limit exhaustion (set on server: 512MB) when trying to add new ACF-based columns for the users list.

The error log says
PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /path_to_site/public_html.dev/wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-acf/classes/Field/Group.php on line 63

We can provide admin access to the DEV site if that helps.

Thanks!

3 years, 2 months ago
Daniel

Forgot to mention that we use the most recent version of the plugins and WP, of course.
Switching to default theme didn’t help either.

3 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Daniel,

Can you try to pinpoint which ACF columns give you the error?
I expect a memory size limit when there is some kind of loop caused by one of our columns.
If that is the case, I expect this to happen only for a specific column, and if we know wich one that is, we can look for a possible fix. How many columns do you have on your screen and how many records do you show? I’ve seen environments with less memory with over 70 columns without a problem.

3 years, 2 months ago
Daniel

Hi Stefan,

it’s not about a specific ACF column it seems.
This is the column setup to begin with:

When trying to select the ACF column type, it will give this error after about 5-10 seconds:

There’s a correlating 500 server error showing for the admin-ajax.php endpoint in JS console.

Adding ACF columns in other places (CPTs) doesn’t trigger this error.

So this hints at the acf field setup for users. Here it is:
screenshot-neu.bildungspreis.de1.cc-2021.02.10-09_23_09.png

Could the nested group fields be the cause here?
I can send you the ACF field group for testing…

3 years, 2 months ago
Daniel

hey Stefan,

I wrote earlier today but it seems my reply wasn’t submitted?
Just a short summary of what I wrote:

I must be due to nested subfields. We have some group fields that are nested inside group fields here. So this must be the cause of it I guess.

3 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Are you using our ACF column to display the ACF group fields?
The subgroup field is not fully supported yet so that might indeed be the issue.
At the current version, we have no intention to fix the group field, but we’re working in the background on a new refactoring of the ACF integration.
If you can share your ACF settings (subgroup-specific) and column settings with me, I can try to reproduce the issue and see if we can fix it in the new release. Please send them to support@admincolumns.com

3 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.