Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Leo Koo Yik

Inline Editing Sometimes Fails After Awhile

As above, after a while, inline editing for some custom post types will fail. It would seem like it is working, but changes made on the custom post type archive, will not reflect in the post, where the values of the custom fields and custom taxonomies remain unchanged.

I would need to disable all plugins and flush the cache before inline editing work again.

3 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Since you mentioned that you have this issue after a while, I assume that it works in the beginning. To be honest, I I suspect that it is a specific cache issue on your environment. The inline editing feature works always the same.
But do I understand you correctly that you only have the issue when you edit custom fields and/or taxonomies?
If that is the case, you could try to save the post yourself after an inline edit action with this hook.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-hooks/blob/master/acp-editing-saved.php
Have a look at the third snippet on that page with the function ‘acp_editing_update_post_modified_date’.
It saved the page with the normal wp_update_post() method. Maybe your caching plugin does something different when the complete post is stored instead of just a custom field.

3 years, 7 months ago
Leo Koo Yik

Hi Stefan,

I’m running the sites on GridPane with Nginx and Redis. Found out that by turning off all plugins and purging the nginx / redis cache, the inline editing works again. But sometimes it takes a few tries. If you want to take a look, I can email you an admin access to the staging

3 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Sure, I can take a look to see this in action.
But if it is a caching issue, I’m affraid there is not much we can do on our side.
The best chance is still to flush the cache or trigger something else after our editing feature is done by using the hook I mentioned earlier.

3 years, 7 months ago
Leo Koo Yik

Thanks, Stefan. Let me check this out these few days

3 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.