Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
hello54

Inline Editing not restricted to user's assets

I am using the plugin on a multivendor marketplace. There are some meta items (like shop sections) which the vendors can create within their accounts and is editable inline with your plugin. The plugin is not restricting the options that appear when you click into the textbox to the items that the vendor created and is instead showing every possible shop section created by every other user on the site.

5 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

It is correct that Inline Edit does not take any custom restriction into account. This is simply because our plugin does not have any knowledge about your custom restrictions since this is probably custom code. Unfortunately, there is no hook for this to alter the behavior of which options are shown in the drop-down menu, so I’m afraid we can’t help you further with this issue.

5 years, 2 months ago
hello54

Hi Stefan

Hmm ok it’s just confusing because it works as expected on standard bulk editing but not when using inline editing.

Another issue I have noticed is that the new “Product Variations” page also allows vendors to see everyone’s variations, instead of just their own. The regular products page is still behaving as expected.

5 years, 2 months ago
Developer

I believe you have some custom code that alters the query on the product overview page which allows vendor only to see their own product. The same logic should be applied to the product variation overview page as well. But since I don’t know if this logic is added by a third-party plugin or maybe some custom code, I can’t help you with that.

Good to know is that we just use the default post type admin overview page and made it available through the menu, so it should be quite easy to alter the query on that overview page since it behaves like any other (custom) post type overview on the admin.

5 years, 2 months ago
hello54

Ok well how do I unset the new product variations page from the menu then because I currently have hundreds of vendors seeing each other’s products until I can get this resolved. I dont see a way to turn it off from your plugin directly.

5 years, 1 month ago
Developer

The following snippet will disable the variation overview page by using a WooCommerce hooks. It’s te same we use to enable it in the first place.

add_filter( 'woocommerce_register_post_type_product_variation', function ( $args ) {
	$args['show_ui'] = false;
	$args['show_in_menu'] = false;

return $args;
}, 11, 1 );
5 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.