Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Adam

Inline editing for published date

I have “inline editing” turned on for the default “date” field, but it doesn’t appear to actually do anything (can’t edit the published date). It works for all of the other fields/columns — am I missing something specific to this field?

2 years, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue. I have tested our latest release and it works as intended. Do you have any errors editing this field?

2 years, 8 months ago
Adam

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for looking into this, it made me realize that the reason that field wasn’t editable was because most of the items were still drafted. Not ideal for our use case, but it makes sense!

2 years, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

That’s indeed what caused it. A draft post doesn’t have a published date yet. That is why the editing is disabled for that specific post. Once you have published it, you can use inline edit again to update the published date.

2 years, 8 months ago
Bill

I cannot use in line editing for date published. There is no way to select years prior to the current year. And each of the three drop downs relate to absolutely NOTHING! Which is day? Which is Month? Which is year? Each post I am trying to edit is published.

1 year, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

@Bill Don’t you see the year selector in the date picker? You should be able to select a date from some years ago.

The three dropdowns refer to the time so: Hours | Minutes | Seconds.

1 year, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.