Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Justin

Inline editing and normal options missing from ACF Group Subfield Column

The ACF group subfield for a column does not behave like a normal ACF column and it does not allow for inline editing.

4 years, 10 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

You’re correct. At this moment, the ACF Group field is not fully supported, along with the Clone and Repeater field.
Adding better support for these ACF fields is something we like to build in the future, but at this moment, I can’t give you any timeframe for it.

4 years, 10 months ago
Justin

Is there a way to manually set the column’s type? So that it mimics a normal ACF field? Even if I have to generate the select field and options manually for that column, how can I get it to use the normal ACF select field UI?

If not, what else would you suggest for something like an ACF select field that has to be in a group? Setting as a “Custom Field” only gives the option of editing as a textbox for this type of field – which is not ideal.

I have PRO license if there are any additional options in PRO that would help.

4 years, 10 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Unfortunately, I don’t really see a workaround other than not using Groups if you want to use the ACF column.
Although it seems that Group fields are just like normal fields, but in a group. ACF stores those fields different than normal fields.

As you already mentioned, you could indeed use the custom field column and make it editable. In that case, you can use the following hook to alter the editing behavior.
https://www.admincolumns.com/documentation/filter-reference/acp-editing-view_settings/

4 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.