Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Matt

Inline Edit – Post Publish Date

Is there a way to inline edit the publish date of a post using Admin Columns Pro?
I’d like to manipulate DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS (24 hour).

6 years, 11 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

Hi Matt,

Yes and no…

You can edit the published date with Admin Columns Pro just fine and you can choose your own format as well. But you can’t do both at once and this column does not support time (only the date).

This is a shortcoming that we are aware of and we are working on a better picker that will deal with this problem. There is Github ticket for: https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/331

Thanks for this input; it helps us to prioritise our efforts.

6 years, 11 months ago
Matt

+1 (not sure if this is where I should vote. Watching issue on GitHub).

6 years, 8 months ago
Matt

Sorry, I was logged in and the billing name was displayed in the thread (instead of my name) – I just +1’d my own post… sorry, feel free to delete.

6 years, 8 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

That’s fine btw Matt, you just really want to +1 it ;)

6 years, 8 months ago
Matt

It looks like this was addressed with a recent release – but I can’t get it to work with posts (only users>registered).
I’m able to update the Y,m,d H:i:s in the User > Registered field, but I’m not able to do this with post “Date” or “Date Published”.

Is something configured incorrectly – or has this functionality not been implemented on posts?

Running 4.0.11

6 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Matt,

Correct, we introduce the date time editing possibility in the latest release but we did not check all our column and change them where necessary. The next step for us is to check every column if it is useful to change the date type to datetime.

I’ve created a ticket for this:
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/944

6 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.