Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Kevin Burgess

Inline edit not updating post field

Hi there,
I’m using Modern Events Calendar with and Eventbrite import, and the client wishes to be able to flag events as “private”. The option exists in the event posts, and I created a column for this value to be edited on the admin columns. When updated, the posts still show on the front end, however on opening the post the value is changed, and when saved, it shows. Other inline fields are updating without needing to open each post. Is there something that can be done here?

Thanks
Kevin

1 year, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Kevin,

Do you mean you want to change the post (event) status to private?
Did you use the Status column from our plugin to alter the post status?
For some reason, your website needs another trigger aside from the normal post save to make the actual change on your front end. I don’t know another trigger that could be used for your use case, so you’ll need to figure out what causes the post to show on the front end when the status is changed. If you know what triggers it, you can trigger it with the following hook:
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-hooks/blob/master/acp-editing-saved.php

This hook fires once a value is changed with our inline editing feature.

1 year, 4 months ago
Kevin Burgess

Hi, yes I want to change the post status to private so that it doesn’t show on the front end. If I go to the actual event post and change the status, it updates. If I change the status from the inline edit function, it doesn’t update. I’ll see if I can implement that hook.

1 year, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.