Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
GeneralReason

Increase overall width of Taxonomy Column Table?

Post or custom post screen allows the columns to be stretched throughout full screen. This is an ideal situation for an admin revising field entries. Taxonomy edit/column page doesn’t allow this because both editing and column viewing has to be done on the same page hence the column width is at the expense of the term input side. The more column entries, the more the table columns start looking deformed (squashed up).

Is there anyway we can decrease the width of the input section at the expense of increasing the overall width of the taxonomy table? Or even better maybe move the input section to the bottom or above the table? You’ve given us the option of controlling what’s displayed in columns (very appreciative), but what about making more effective use of the screen size for taxonomy column views that might need a lot of columns due to more custom field usage?

7 years, 7 months ago
GeneralReason

There is already a dedicated page for editing a taxonomy; hence what about just making the taxonomy columns view page just the table and no input section?

7 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

You can make the overviews bigger by writing your own CSS.
This is not something that we currently support in our plugin/interface, but you can add this snippet in your function.php to make your overview bigger.

function my_wider_table() { ?>
 <style type="text/css">
 #posts-filter table.fixed { table-layout: auto; }
 #posts-filter table.wp-list-table {
 min-width: 3400px;
 overflow-x: scroll;
 }
 </style>
 <?php
}
add_action( 'admin_head', 'my_wider_table' );

You can change the min-width to your liking. Please notice that your table overview becomes horizontal scrollable.

7 years, 7 months ago
GeneralReason

Thanks Stefan

That’s a workaround I’m ok with for now.

7 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Ok great!
Maybe we’ll add an option for this in a feature release but for now we’re not sure if this is something that should be in our plugin.

7 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.