Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Pierre Minik

i18n columns (Polylang)

I’d like to request support for Polylang language columns. Polylang dynamically shows the relevant language columns depending on the language viewed. Admin Columns Pro currently doesn’t respect this and overwrites the columns as saved.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/polylang/

9 years, 5 months ago
Jesper

Hi Pierre,

Are you talking about the flag column, or do you mean that Admin Columns doesn’t display the title and other data in the correct langauge?

Cheers!
Jesper

9 years, 5 months ago
Pierre Minik

The flag column(s) get overwritten by Admin Columns Pro. If I save the columns with flag A in Admin Columns Pro then only flag A gets displayed. If I save the columns with flag A and B then those two columns are shown all the time regardless of which language I’m viewing. Polylang dynamically change what flag columns should be displayed but your plugin overwrites this.

Do I need to screenshot this for you or is this clear enough?

9 years, 5 months ago
Jesper

Hi Pierre,

I’m sorry for the late reponse!

I’ve tried to reproduce your issue, but in my case, both flag columns are showing without Admin Columns enabled as well. Could you provide us with some more information (and screenshots, perhaps)?

Cheers!
Jesper

9 years, 3 months ago
Tom

I’d like to bump this one! I too have a site running both Polylang Pro and Admin Columns Pro (which I both love) and saving the columns for a post type breaks the language column from Polylang.
If you for instance have 2 languages and disable admin columns, it will show the flag of the other language when a language is selected in the cms or show both when you choose to show both languages.
If you activate admin columns and save column settings for a post type it will then always show the language you selected when saving, or show both languages or show the language you are already in (it should show the other language). Either way, things will not work as intended.
My best bet would be to tell admin columns to not touch the columns created by Polylang at all, but i’m not sure if it’s that easy :)
You can add more that 2 languages with Polylang by the way. Haven’t tested what happens then, but I can’t imagine the problem will be gone then.

7 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Tom,

I will test this again when we’re ready with the Admin Columns 4.0 release which is planned for Q1 2017. We completely refactored the way columns are loaded, so maybe this problem is already fixed by the new code. I’ve created a ticket on Github for this so we won’t forget. Thanks again for pointing this out to us!

7 years, 1 month ago
Roger

Hi! I have the same problem. The flags get overwritten as soon as I define a flag and change language. Please test by adding more than two language. In my case i have 4 languages. Thanks for looking into this.

5 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Please notice that our plugin saves specific compilations. This also applies to default or third party columns. This means that when another plugin adds a specific column, this column is not available right away if you stored a column set with our plugin.

Of course, this behavior is necessary for our plugin to work, but not ideal for plugins that adds columns based on specific parameters, like Polylang. But since Polylang only displays the language column when it is needed, there are two workarounds for this plugin.

1) Create a new column set and click on ‘restore columns’ for that specific column set and DON’T SAVE this column set. Not saving the column set causes this column set to use the default columns added by WordPress and/or any third party plugins. You can switch between languages and it will show you the correct flag columns.

2) You could add every available language column to a column set. To do so, you have to switch to ‘All languages’ and reload the overview page once. After that, you can add all language column to your column sets (all languages should be available in the drop-down). Since Polylang only shows the language columns when they are needed and all columns are already available with our plugin, this workaround works best if you want to store your own column sets. Polylang will automatically hide the current language column when you view a specific language.

5 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.