Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Steve Sullivan

Hide Avatars in the Admin?

Hello…great product!!

We do not use avatars and the default “missing” image consumes a lot of vertical space in each row in the admin. Is there a way to hide/remove this image from displaying in the admin so the user listing tightens up?

Can’t seem to even find a plugin for that…??

Thx
Lee

3 years, 10 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Lee, I had a look at the available columns for the user table and it seems we did not yet have a “username” column without the avatar. We will be adding this column to the next release. This will allow you to remove the default username column and replace it with our new column, which does not have an avatar image attached.

3 years, 10 months ago
Steve Sullivan

I think I need the hyperlink in order to get to the profile detail page for each user…no?

Having this option in next release would be awesome…I think a good percentage of admins would like to remove this space hog on the back end if the avatar is not needed. Could even include the ability to scale the display of avatar up or down for a more concise row height…and perhaps hover/popup function too for the larger image.

I’ll fiddle with your hook above and see if I can figure that out. I’m a designer and only finger tinker in php tweaks here and there.

Thx for great support.
Lee

3 years, 10 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

We will definitely include the edit link for the username column.

I don’t think we will allow an optional avatar icon to show, because we already have an avatar (profile picture) column, which allows you to set the image dimensions.

3 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.