Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Kermit

Featured Image (Post Thumbnail) for Taxonomies

I am using your product along with Custom Post Type UI and ACF to access some taxonomies originally created by the Organize Series plugin.

OS creates two taxonomies. Series and Groups. Groups are a taxonomy of the Series taxonomy but show attached to Posts. (confusing – yes).

The problem I am coming to with Admin Columns is that there appears to be no way to select the Post Thumbnail for a taxonomy – which is how OS series stores an ‘icon’ for the taxonomies. You can’t even select the hidden custom fields when using custom field to work around this.

Help?

Kermit Woodall

8 years, 5 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Kermit,

I did some research on how OS stores it’s data. It appears that they use a custom table in the database where they store just the post image. Because OS uses not the default way to store Custom Fields to a taxonomy, there is no way that we can know how to get that image from the taxonomy.

You could add another image field to the OS taxonomy for adding your own image with ACF. Extra fields to taxonomies created with ACF can be managed with our plugin. Unfortunately this cannot be done with the OS plugin because it uses it’s own way to relate data.

8 years, 5 months ago
Kermit

Thanks for looking into this. I appreciate it.

Kermit Woodall

8 years, 5 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

You’re welcome, I will close the ticket.

8 years, 5 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.