Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
morgunov.vitaly

Feature Request: frontend Table interface for Users (post and CPT) manadgment

Hi everyone!
I don’t know how about you, but I’m damn tired of the miserable fragile and slow admin interface for managing users (by the way, and managing posts and other CPT). And a little immersed in the topic, I saw how difficult it is to integrate functions using the existing api, how difficult it is to foresee all possible conflicts with other plugins, which also bring their changes to the interface.

My suggestion is to develop a completely independent front-end interface in the form of responsive tables with support for user access permissions (view / edit), import/export and bulk operations.

What do you think?

4 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I would love to see such an overview and I thought about that myself multiple times.
But since our plugin is completely built on the hooks that are available in the admin, it won’t be that easy to let it integrate with the current state of our plugins code.

I think that such a project would be a product on its own. Don’t expect this to happen in Admin Columns (any time soon) but maybe this could be a good idea for a side product. There are some plugins that actually do something like that and completely build their own overview pages, purely so that they have control over everything that happens on those pages.

4 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.