Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Dondr • web & design

Fatal Error in review notice in admin

When I try to open something in wp-admin, like posts or pages, I get a review screen, asking to put up a review for admin columns pro, but right after the two buttons to write a review or to hide the notice, it causes a Fatal Error:

Uncaught ValueError: Unknown format specifier "," in ***/wp-content/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Check/Review.php:200 
Stack trace: 
#0 ***/wp-content/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Check/Review.php(200): printf('Je kunt ook hul...', '<a href="https:...', '<a href="https:...') 
#1 ***/wp-content/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Check/Review.php(78): AC\Check\Review->get_message() 
#2 ***/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(309): AC\Check\Review->display(Object(AC\Screen)) 
#3 ***/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) 
#4 ***/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 ***/wp-content/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Screen.php(25): do_action('ac/screen', Object(AC\Screen), 'edit-post') 
#6 ***/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): AC\Screen->init(Object(WP_Screen)) 
#7 ***/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) 
#8 ***/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) 
#9 ***/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(421): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen)) 
#10 ***/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(243): WP_Screen->set_current_screen() 
#11 ***/wp-admin/admin.php(212): set_current_screen() 
#12 ***/wp-admin/edit.php(10): require_once('***...') 
#13 {main} thrown in ***/wp-content/plugins/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Check/Review.php on line 200

And now the wp-admin is unusable unless I disable the plugin

2 years ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

What version of PHP are you running?

2 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

There seems to be a mismatch in the Dutch translation of a specific string.

The English string that needs to be translated is:
“You can also find help on the %s, and %s.”
The correct Dutch translation should be
“Je kunt ook hulp vinden op de %s, en %s.”

The first %s is missing in the current translation, causing the error.

I’ve changed the translation on translate.wordpress.org and you can download the latest version here:
https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/codepress-admin-columns/stable/nl/default/

You can place the file in:
admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/languages (pro)
codepress-admin-columns/languages (free)

Or you could remove the dutch language completely for the plugin so that it will fall back on the working English translation until the next update.

2 years ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

If you are running PHP 7.x you will not see the error by the way. Because as of PHP 8.0 printf no longer returns false on failure, but now throws a fatal error.

2 years ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.