Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Stefan Zipperer

Fatal error after update

Hello,

I have this after update from 4.5.7 to 4.6 (Pro version).

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘ACP\License\Update’ not found in /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/License/Manager.php:63

Tried update several times on a different portals.

4 years, 11 months ago
splaquet

do you happen to use MultiSite?

I have the plugin installed on a subdomain multisite… and this is THE SECOND time that an ACP update has brought down the entire network!

seriously guys! i realize that coding this stuff isn’t just childs’ play, but twice in 1 month is a bit much for any team of professionals. if you’re going to charge for a product, i’d have to say that you owe it to those that purchase the product to thoroughly test your product before updating your repo package.

…and, although i’m sure that you are testing, maybe some more multisite sub-folder and multisite sub-domain, combined with every flavor of php that’s most widely used, such as php5.6 & php7.0/3.

4 years, 11 months ago
wordpress6

We’re having the same issue with multisite as well. The plugin is network activated and after the update, nothing in /wp-admin will work.

sapi_apache2.c(326): [client 2620::0] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/wp/wp/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns-pro.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wp/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5568
sapi_apache2.c(326): [client 2620::0] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wp/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5571
sapi_apache2.c(326): [client 2620::0] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/wp/wp/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns-pro.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wp/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5568
sapi_apache2.c(326): [client 2620::0] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/wp/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5574

4 years, 11 months ago
John

I had this same issue on a multisite, network activated, and all of the sites lost WPadmin to an error on update.

4 years, 11 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi guys,

We should not have released 4.6. We thought we had tested it thoroughly, but we clearly didn’t. We test all our releases on WordPress 4.6 and up, with different PHP versions. But unfortunately, the multisite install got overlooked. We have built many sites our selves and we know how important it is to trust that plugin updates will work correctly, and certainly not break your site. Personally, I don’t take it lightly and we will have a hard look at how we do our pre-release testing. This should not have happened.

If you want to discuss it further or need help with your site, feel free to send me an email.

For now, we have taken the latest release offline. We already have a patch ready for your multisite issue and it will be available soon.

[customer-only]
Update: In case you need it fixed now; here you can download version 4.6.2.

[/customer-only]
Cheers,
Tobias Schutter

4 years, 11 months ago
hgordon

I am experiencing the same error on single site. Although Tobias says that the fix is in 4.6.2, that is what my site updated to just now. Seeing same error as reported before:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 63 of the file /var/www/html/ummenhofer/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/License/Manager.php. Error message: Class ‘ACP\License\Update’ not found

4 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

@HGORDON
The error that you mentioned has nothing to do with the issues above.
Strange thing is, that the error that you see is for a file that should not exist anymore.
I suspect that if you clear your object cache the issue will be gone.
Or if you did a manual update of the plugin, reinstalling it, would most certainly fix this problem.

4 years, 11 months ago
splaquet

i felt more comfortable now, so i went to update ACP on our live site… then this PHP Fatal Error kicked out:

[22-May-2019 12:38:43 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function format() on null in /wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-woocommerce/classes/Column/User/CustomerSince.php:30
Stack trace:
#0 /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Column.php(405): ACA\WC\Column\User\CustomerSince->get_raw_value(8686)
#1 /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/ListScreen.php(896): AC\Column->get_value(8686)
#2 /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/ListScreen/User.php(58): AC\ListScreen->get_display_value_by_column_name('5cddfe5e726cd', 8686, '')
#3 /wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): AC\ListScreen\User->manage_value('', '5cddfe5e726cd', 8686)
#4 /wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)
#5 /wp-admin/includes/class-wp-users-list-table.php(543): apply_filters('manage_users_cu. in /wp-content/plugins/ac-addon-woocommerce/classes/Column/User/CustomerSince.php on line 30
4 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

@SPLAQUET
From which version did you update?
This issue is valid and we should do a NULL check on that specific place.
But I’m a bit surprised that you have this issue after updating the plugin.
Or did you just add that column to the overview page?
As a workaround, you can remove the ‘Customer Since’ column from your User overview page until we release a fix in the WooCommerce integration.

4 years, 11 months ago
splaquet

i’m not 100% positive, but i believe that i updated from 5.9 or 6, to 6.2.

the columns have been setup that way for a while now, so the column wasn’t added within at least the last week/few weeks. (I cannot recall exactly)

I’ll remove the column for now.

4 years, 11 months ago
splaquet

side note though… when i updated the plugin to 6.2, it said “plugin update failed”. i was updating a few plugins at the time (via the plugin page, not updates page), so i didn’t refresh until the rest had updated. but, when i refreshed, it showed as being updated at v6.2.

4 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.