Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Justin Matley

Exporting ACF File URL instead of File ID: Export seems slow

Assuming export to CSV ever works, your plugin is solving a huge headache for me. From in-line editing of ACF file field for products (PDF document regarding product information) to viewing said field as a URL and exporting that URL instead of a File ID, this is awesome! However, exporting to CSV seems to be taking a very long time for this type of task. I’m exporting 123 products with about 10 fields/columns each. How long should the processing take? It’s just thinking and thinking for the past 10 minutes.

FYI, I’m sitting on a plane using in-flight internet. Maybe that’s holding things up. All other web content is loading pretty quick though.

Do some field/column types bog the process down? For instance, should I refrain from including product image URL’s or any other data?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to this working.

PS. Hoping some keywords regarding Exporting Advanced Custom Fields File URL instead of File ID will help others with a similar problem find your plugin!

2 years, 5 months ago
Justin Matley

I solved the problem.

By systematically turning off the export capability of each non-essential field, I discovered the culprit.

A third-party field (in my case Product COST from a plugin permitting input of OUR PRODUCT COST vs customer price) was causing the export to fail. But instead of seeing any error message, it just hangs up. Perhaps you can implement and error message, a warning about such fields, or don’t allow them to be included in the first place. Just thinking out loud.

The final export worked PERFECT!

Thanks for your good work.

Justin
AKSYS SEO & Web Design

2 years, 5 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Do you know if the third-party column throws an error during the export?
If column causes a time out because the value is too heavy to calculate for example, you could try to lower the amount of items that is processed per batch. With this hook you can change that:

https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-hooks/blob/master/ac-export-exportable_list_screen-num_items_per_iteration.php

Example

function acp_export_decrease_number_per_iteration( $number ) {
	// Default = 250;
	return 100;
}

add_filter( 'ac/export/exportable_list_screen/num_items_per_iteration', 'acp_export_decrease_number_per_iteration' );
2 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.