Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Michael Grosvenor

Do not have "Text" as a custom field type option

Hello,

We do not have the option of choosing “Text” as a custom field type option which is what we are trying to achieve. We have the multi site license and do not have the option on either site. Can you shed some light?

4 years, 9 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Michael, The “Text” type is labeled “Excerpt”.

4 years, 9 months ago
Michael Grosvenor

Hello Tobias… In that instance then, what are we to choose for ‘Field’ that is still unclear.

Thank you!

4 years, 9 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

You can just use “Excerpt” as the field type for text.

4 years, 8 months ago
Michael Grosvenor

Yes… but we still don’t have the ability to edit that column / field for each user.. so i can add it, but there’s nowhere where we can actually input information. 5 days for the first reply.. I’m running out of time here. Hoping to hear back and get some resolve sooner. You said the same thing twice to me which didn’t answer the question. Please advise. Thanks

4 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Michael,

I think we don’t really understand your situation here.
But let me explain how this custom field column works.

Please notice that our plugin does not create any custom fields. You can only create custom field column for custom fields that are already available for your (custom) post types. In order to create custom fields, you can create them yourself using the WordPress API, or you could use plugins like Advanced Custom Fields, Toolset Types or Pods. We even have some integrations for those plugins as well.

So when you have a custom field available for your post, let’s say ‘my_custom_field’, you can add the column for this field as follows.

1) Create a new custom field column
2) For Field Type, you can start with the default field type which means it can show you the raw data as text. This is probably the best field type for most custom fields.
3) Next, in the field drop-down, you can choose your custom field that you want to display. This list will only display the already available custom fields, created as I mentioned above. In this case we look for the custom field ‘my_custom_field’.
4) If you want the inline edit feature, you can enable inline edit for the column
5) Enable other pro features if you like (Filtering, Sorting).
6) Save the column

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘we still don’t have the ability to edit that column for each user’, but if the above does not answer your questions, please send me an email as support@admincolumns.com with a screencast or screenshots that explain what issues you’re experiencing.

4 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.