Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Michelle

Displaying / sorting by taxonomy termmeta

Hi, I’ve created term meta data for my custom taxonomy terms, and would like to display that and be able to filter/sort the terms by it in the control panel as well. Can you add that functionality? There’s currently no option to display term metadata on a taxonomy page.

I created the term metadata via ACF Pro, and confirmed it’s stored in the wp_termmeta table. I’m able to manually add/sort by this data using the tutorial here: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/12/how-to-use-term-meta-data-in-wordpress/ But it would be great to have this included in Admin Columns Pro since it does almost everything else! :) Thanks.

6 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your feedback.
It should be already possible to display the value of your custom field with the default Custom Field column or with the ACF column if you have the ACF integration installed.

But I tried to reproduce the issue and saw that the ACF Taxonomy column is not working at this moment. This is a bug and we will fix this as soon as possible.

Right now both sorting and filtering is not possible for Taxonomy overviews and I believe there was a reason that this was not possible, but I don’t remember the reason. So I will create a ticket for this so we can reevaluate it again and see if we can add filtering and sorting support for Taxonomy columns.

6 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.