Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Charlie Nguyen

Display post ID column in Users section

Hi,

In the admin area, in the Users section – there is the option to display column information including username, primary contact name, email, role.

I am wondering if it’s possible to have a column which displays post ID created by that user so that if i click on the post ID, it will take me to that specific content.

Much like how for each post – you can create a column with the User ID which points back to the user profile. I’d like to do the same thing, but in reverse.

Let me know if this is possible or if anyone has come up with a workaround.

Thanks,
Charlie

4 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We currently don’t have a column for that.
Do I understand correctly that every user in your installation only has a single post?
I believe that in most use cases, users have multiple posts, so I think a column that supports the display of related posts would be a better global solution.

But we don’t’ have it at the moment, and we have to decide if we want to include such a column in our plugin, so I created a feature request for that. In the meantime, the only way to get such a column is to create one yourself. We do have a toolkit that can help you develop your own column.

How to create my own column?

4 years, 1 month ago
Charlie Nguyen

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your response.

You are correct. Users can have multiple posts, but for my scenario I’d only like to show a specific post type in the users section.

I am not a developer so creating my own column is above my skill-level so I may wait for this to be included in a future release if there is an appetite to do this on your end.

Can you think of any other workaround I could explore?

Thanks,
Charlie

4 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Sorry Charlie,
The creation of your own column was already the workaround until we decide if we include such a column to our product.

4 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.