Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
David

Disable Month Dropdown

We recently made a modification to disable the monthly dropdown site-wide (https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/disable_months_dropdown/)

It looks like it took but is finding itself back in via custom Column Views in Admin Columns Pro. Was wondering if there was any workaround we could implement to also squash this query on our custom Column Views so that it doesn’t make that calculation on every page load. We have custom post types with hundreds of thousands/millions of records, so that query can add 2-3 seconds on every page-load on our edit.php screens.

Thanks!

7 years, 5 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi David,

I tried to reproduce the issue and added the following code to my dev plugin

add_filter( 'disable_months_dropdown', '__return_true' );

The month dropdown is indeed removed from my overview when Admin Column is inactive. But also when I enable Admin Columns, this dropdown is still not visible. Since this filter is not used in our plugin, I believe that it is not our plugin that is enabling the dropdown again in your environment.

You could have a look at your column settings if there are any columns that have sorting or filtering enabled. Since you have a very large dataset, I advice not to use sorting or filtering on most of the columns. Our plugin is not really optimizes for such large datasets.

7 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.