Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Alexey

Delete the old field names

Hi,

When I tested your plugin with various other plugins for creating custom fields (pods, types, ACF, CFS…), I created many test fields. Then I deleted them and remove unnecessary plugins. But the drop-down ‘Custom Field’ still contains the names of these fields. How can I remove them?

Regards
Alexey M.

8 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Alexey,

Our plugin looks for all possible metavalues (custom field) that are available in the database. You probably have some posts which have still the custom metadata attached to them. The only way to not show them anymore in the dropdown list of your custom field is to be sure that there are no more posts that have those fields attached to them with values.

The best way to remove those metafields is to do a query on the database and remove those fields yourself or by using the WordPress function delete_post_meta_by_key (). See more information here https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/delete_post_meta. But please be sure that you know what you’re doing because this will remove all metafields with a specific key!

8 years, 6 months ago
Alexey

Thanks! I got it!

8 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Great, you’re welcome.

8 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.