Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Mark

Custom Taxonomy not editable

Hi,

Just upgraded, enjoying the new functionality! Unfortunately 2 of my custom taxonomies do not show the editable field, and I really need to be able to edit them from the list view.
Here is one of them, primary topic (the other is audience). I just added the capabilities array and map_meta_cap attributes in an attempt to make it editable, but to no avail. An oddity of this is that in your interface for setting up columns, Primary Topic shows up under “columns by plugin” in the “type” drop down. That doesn’t seem right to me since these are both my custom taxonomies. I guess it is possible that these two are also taxonomies created by a plugin, but not sure where, thought I’d ask first. Thanks, Mark

register_taxonomy( ‘primarytopic’,
array(‘resources’,’policies’,’program’,’faqs’,’page’), /* add possibly ‘committees’, and ‘publications’ if it ends up being one your content types. */
array(‘hierarchical’ => true, /* if this is true, it acts like categories */
‘labels’ => array(
‘name’ => __( ‘Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* name of the custom taxonomy */
‘singular_name’ => __( ‘Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* single taxonomy name */
‘search_items’ => __( ‘Search Primary Topics’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* search title for taxomony */
‘all_items’ => __( ‘All Primary Topics’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* all title for taxonomies */
‘parent_item’ => __( ‘Parent Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* parent title for taxonomy */
‘parent_item_colon’ => __( ‘Parent Primary Topic:’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* parent taxonomy title */
‘edit_item’ => __( ‘Edit Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* edit custom taxonomy title */
‘update_item’ => __( ‘Update Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* update title for taxonomy */
‘add_new_item’ => __( ‘Add New Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ), /* add new title for taxonomy */
‘new_item_name’ => __( ‘New Primary Topic’, ‘bonestheme’ ) /* name title for taxonomy */
),
‘show_admin_column’ => true,
‘show_ui’ => true,
‘query_var’ => true,
‘rewrite’ => array( ‘slug’ => ‘primary-topic’ ),
‘capabilities’ => array(
‘manage_terms’ => ‘manage_primarytopic’,
‘edit_terms’ => ‘edit_primarytopic’,
‘delete_terms’ => ‘delete_primarytopic’,
‘assign_terms’ => ‘assign_primarytopic’
),
‘map_meta_cap’ => true
)
);

7 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Blake,

When you register a taxonomy and use the ‘show_admin_column’ param, there will be a default Taxonomy column which we don’t enrich with our inline edit, filtering features. Instead, please remove this default column and add our ‘Taxonomy Column’ which is an extended column for all related taxonomies with sorting, filtering and inline edit support. When you add this column, you can select the desired Taxonomy so your ‘Primary Topic’ taxonomy should be available in the dropdown.

7 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.