Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the community forum?
All Topics
Shaun

Custom Post Type + Custom Taxonomy, filter not showing

I have a custom post type (called team) and a custom taxonomy (called league) that are connected (using CustomPress) and I added Admin Columns to show the “Leagues” dropdown – sorting and editing work but the filter does not show up at all.

Not sure if this is part of the problem but also when I go to edit the “league” taxonomy, it says that none of the terms have posts in, when I know they do!

See screenshots below. Thanks.

Admin Columns Settings: https://files.app.net/w7v42MSoM.png
Leagues Taxonomy (0 posts?!): https://files.app.net/w7v4mQbOl.png
Teams screen: https://files.app.net/w7v4jGMQ-.png

Regards
Shaun

4 years, 11 months ago
Filippo Zaffini

Same problem Here

4 years, 11 months ago
Tobias
Developer

I can not reproduce the error. It seems it’s relevant to CustomPress only. Could you send me a copy of the plugin at info@admincolumns.com?

4 years, 10 months ago
Shaun

Sorry I’ve found the issue – all the posts were ‘drafts’ and it seems Admin Columns only filters published posts.

Can that be changed at all?

Thanks.

4 years, 10 months ago
Jesper
Developer

A possible solution to this would be to not limit the dropdown to terms that ahve posts in them. We use a parameter from WordPress than only displays terms in the dropdown that have published posts in them, but we could add a filter to disregard that.

I’ll be sure to add this filter. To implement it, you will need to do some coding yourself. Do you have any programming experience?

Cheers!
Jesper

4 years, 10 months ago
Shaun

Yes lots of coding experience, that is no problem. Thanks, please let me know!

4 years, 10 months ago
Jesper
Developer

Great, that’s good to hear — I hope to get this in order tomorrow, and release it later this week. We’ll keep you posted!

4 years, 10 months ago
kyle

Hey there,

So we have a very similar problem to this, except that we’re dealing with attachments in the media library, as compared to posts in a traditional CPT. This rules out the issue being exactly that of draft vs. published.

We thought perhaps it would be related to the “update_count_callback” that plagues term counts on a custom taxonomy associated with attachments (where the count is inaccurate for unattached media items), but after updating everything and getting a, seemingly, accurate post count for our terms, it still does not effect the filter options present.

So, that all said, not quite sure what’s causing the issue, but would love to see what you have cooking for the filter you were talking about here :)

4 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.