Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Laura K Lawless

Conflict with Relevanssi plugin

I would like to know if there’s a way to disable the search function (so that another search plugin is used instead), or to modify this one.

I prefer to use Relevanssi for admin search. When it’s enabled, I get a fatal error any time I try to search.

So I’ve disabled Relevanssi, but the problem with Admin Column Pro’s search is that it seems to default to “or” but what I’m after is “exact phrase” or at least “and.”

Any time I search for two words, I get dozens of results where I only expect 2 or 3 at the most.

2 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

All our filtering/search features work with an ‘AND’ operator and not with OR. Maybe that is changed by the Relevanssi plugin? You could try to use our ‘Hide on Screen’ option to hide Smart Filtering from the page and also make to disable Smart Filtering for all your columns.
You could also completely disable Smart Filtering with this hook:

/**
 * Disable Smart Filtering for all list screens
 */
add_filter( 'acp/search/is_active', '__return_false' );
2 years, 9 months ago
Laura K Lawless

Thanks for responding. I don’t want to disable smart filtering – it’s one of the reasons I use this plugin. I just want the search to work better.

As I said, I have disabled Relevanssi, because when it’s enabled and I do a search in admin, I get a fatal error. So that can’t be what is making the search so vague.

I’d be happy to give you admin access to my site so that you can see for yourself that something isn’t working right.

2 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Sure, can you give me the details at support@admincolumns.com.
Can you also have a look at your error log and send me the exact error from the log that is triggered by the search?

2 years, 9 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.