Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Femke Bartels

Composer SSL error

Hi we are getting this issue when trying to deploy our changes to our staging server:

DEBUG [2928de5d] The "https://composer.admincolumns.com/download?package=admin-columns/ac-addon-acf&version=2.7" file could not be downloaded: SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
DEBUG [2928de5d]
DEBUG [2928de5d]  error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
DEBUG [2928de5d]
DEBUG [2928de5d] Failed to enable crypto
DEBUG [2928de5d]
DEBUG [2928de5d] failed to open stream: operation failed
DEBUG [2928de5d]

I was checking with our server technician and these are his words:

The problem is that they are still serving the old Letsencrypt chain; It's been a disaster for the past two weeks.
When connecting this is what I'm seeing:
❯ openssl s_client -showcerts -servername composer.admincolumns.com -connect composer.admincolumns.com:443
CONNECTED(00000005)
depth=1 O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3
verify error:num=10:certificate has expired
notAfter=Sep 30 14:01:15 2021 GMT
verify return:0
depth=1 O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3
depth=3 O = Digital Signature Trust Co., CN = DST Root CA X3
2 years, 6 months ago
David Mosterd
Developer

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. There is a separate thread for this: https://www.admincolumns.com/forums/topic/curl-error-60-ssl-certificate-problem-certificate-has-expired/

But I will do my best to answer you. It’s such a vague issue and I too am not 100% clear what is to be done. But here goes.

Do you by any chance know what software your staging site runs? E.g. which version of Ubuntu or another distro? And is everything up-to-date? As you can read: if the consuming code (e.g. your staging) is up to date and has received a patch for this issue; you should be fine really. Even software like Postman has had issues with this and took them some time to properly address the issue.

Disclaimer: I am not a full-time Linux sysadmin, semi-tech rand:

The issue is not in serving an expired cert; it’s in consuming software not reading the entire chain. Modern/ patched software has no issue reading the entire chain and understanding that the cross-signed cert. is actually valid. I am not saying I exclude the option we can do something; but in general, we cannot do a lot about this except being up to date ourselves.

I am open to making changes on our side, but I don’t see what that could be. We are fully up to date with regenerated certs from the LE certbot.

Also check sub-software e.g. update composer to version 2 instead of 1. All systems involved in using SSL on the OS should be up to date / patched.

end semi-tech rand :)

Cheers!

2 years, 6 months ago
Femke Bartels

Hi, we have made sure we have all of our server apps updated and now we see a different error:

DEBUG [7dc37658] 

[Composer\Downloader\TransportException]    

The 'https://composer.admincolumns.com/download?package=admin-columns/ac-addon-acf&version=2.7' URL required authentication.

You must be using the interactive console to authenticate

DEBUG [7dc37658] 	install [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-autoloader] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--no-suggest] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--] [<packages>]...

Any idea on how to solve that?

2 years, 6 months ago
Femke Bartels

Any news on that?

1 year, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.