Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Josh

Column set problems – unrelated filters visible, can't change order of sets

I’ve found 2 problems with the Columns Sets functionality.

Firstly, whichever column set I last created sits at the top of the list of column sets, and becomes the default column set view. Often when I create a new column set, I don’t want it to be the default view. There is no way to change the other of the column sets to put my desired default at the top. This would be really useful.

Secondly, I created a column set in which all the Yoast SEO columns were removed, and then had a second column set that had those columns. However I have found that when viewing my main column set (which has no Yoast SEO columns) the filters above the list of posts still has all the Yoast SEO filters there. Which are now not relevant to the content in the table. Is it possible to have only the relevant filters visible, based on columns that available within the column set?

5 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

1) We have a feature request so the order of the column sets can be changed. We don’t know if we’re going to add a GUI for this or that we allow this with a hook. If you like to follow this request, then you can have a look at this URL. https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/1044

2) Unfortunately the Yoast filters are not added by us, so we can’t remove them from the overview page. I’m not sure if Yoast has some hooks to remove the filters. Maybe if that is the case, we could also hide them if the columns are not available, but I’m not sure if that’s up to us to decide. I’ll make a feature request for this as well and I will discuss it with the team.

5 years, 8 months ago
Josh

Thanks Stefan. In the GUI would be ideal for adjusting the order of the column sets.

It does sound difficult to adjust other party’s filters based on columns. It’s not a big deal … but would impressive if you did find a way to do it!

5 years, 8 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Josh,

I discussed it with the team and we do find it legitimate to disable the filters when the columns are not available. The change is already in place for the upcoming release. :)

5 years, 8 months ago
Josh

That’s great!

5 years, 8 months ago
michael.broughton331

Hi,
I would like to get any feedback you have on the request made to enable sorting of the Column Sets. I would also like the option to decide which order the sets are presented to users, and which set will be the default. As mentioned the current setting appears to be that the Column Sets appear in whatever order they are created.

I checked your GitHub issues link but I cannot see this sorting functionality slated for any upcoming releases. Is it being worked on? And if not, is there a workaround available to reorder existing Column Sets?

Great plugin by the way – one of the best for me after the bulk editing feature was added. Couldn’t live without it

Regards

4 years, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.