Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
admin.it

Checkbox (custom field) not appearing as Checkbox

Hi,

For a checkbox created with WPJB field editor, true value do not show as so and the filter says empty/not empty when it should propose true/false.

How can we fix this?

Thx,
Adrien

6 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Adrien,

If I’m correct you use our Custom Field column to make a column for your WPJB field, right?
Please notice that our Custom Field column is a one fits all solution. Since we don’t know the context of your WPJB fields (unless we make an integration like we did for ACF, Pods and Toolset Types, you’ll have to work with the possibilities of this column.

So I suspect you already found the checkbox field type in our column settings. Setting the field type to ‘True / False’ will probably show a green checkmark for true value and a red cross for the false value on your overview page. But this logic is in fact really simple:

If the field has a value that is not false or ‘0’ we assume that the value is true. In this case ‘no’ is also considered to be true. So it depends on how WPJB stores its value if this field type works for you or not. And also notice that if you use this field type, it will probably not work as expected for inline edit. Because we always store 0 for false and 1 for true. This might conflict with the way that WPJB stores its value.

So my advice is to start with the default field type. This will show you the actual value in the column. So filtering will also work with this value. If you want to change the display value for your column, or if you want to change the filter labels in the drop-down, you could use one of the following filters

ac/column/value
Allows you to change the value of a column

acp/filtering/dropdown_args
Allows you to alter the filter dropdown labels, remove the empty/not empty values etc.

6 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.