Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the community forum?
All Topics
Michael

Categories no longer show up, after displaying them in admin columns

I seem to have acquired a major problem in my installation through using the admin columns pro plug-in. Although the records are there in the database, all my categories seem to have disappeared and no longer show on the back-end.

This is true for all my different post types.

When I go to the overview page for Post categories, it says there are five items, as there should be, next to Bulk actions there is the plug-in’s ‘edit columns’ button, but it says ‘no items found’. when I then click on the name column of the category, they do appear with their descriptions, slugs and IDs, so they do exist.
The same thing happens for categories in other taxonomies. These are categories that I had used admin columns pro to display.

I have tried de-activating the plug-in, as well as a restored default settings, but the same thing is still the case.

The categories also no longer show in the Quick Edit and Bulk Edit panes, even when the plug-in is disabled.
I’m guessing it is to do with the plug-in accessing the categories in the database, and having altered something about how the back-end of the installation accesses them.

I have taken some screenshots, but I cannot attach them here.
I would be happy to send them to you, as well as give you the login details to my site, so you can have a look. I’m convinced there is some minor error that has occurred, which is probably fairly obvious to you, and that the whole thing is still recoverable.

Could you get back to me, please?
I am using the Avada theme 3.4.1 on WordPress 3.8.2, and as I only bought the plug-in a few days ago, I have the latest version
At the moment the site is broken, so I would appreciate if you could respond as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Best wishes

Michael Soth

5 years, 2 months ago
Michael

Sorry, false alarm!
It turns out that all my juggling of categories in admin columns had nothing to do with the problem – it was a background server error and an overfull temporary directory!
Sorry about the panic – the server error happened coincidentally in the background as I was using the plug-in – panic over and sorry to bother you!
M

5 years, 2 months ago
Jesper
Developer

Heya Michael!

I’m glad to hear your problem was solved and that the panic is over!

Cheers!
Jesper

5 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.