Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Daniel

Cannot automatically update plugin

Hello,

I can never automatically update your plugin via either WordPress admin area or WP-CLI command. I get the following error:

———————————————————-
The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin Admin Columns Pro (1/1)
Downloading update from https://www.admincolumns.com?wc-api=software-licence-api&request=plugindownload&licence_key=———&plugin_name=admin-columns-pro&version…
Unpacking the update…
An error occurred while updating Admin Columns Pro: Could not copy file. admin-columns-pro/acp.php
Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.
———————————————————-

I tried in two different servers and the same happens. Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks!

6 years, 4 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Daniel,

Just one check to be sure. When you enter the URL in your browser (with valid License Key of course), do you get the correct version? To be honest we have no idea what might be going wrong here. Do you get any error messages in your log?

6 years, 4 months ago
Daniel

Hi Stefan,

When I do that I get a download. I just did it and I got “admin-columns-pro-4-0-14.zip”.

I got nothing on the log just I sent before.

This is strange indeed. It used to happen on a Windows Server but now we are in a Linux server and the same is happening.

Thank you. :-)

6 years, 4 months ago
Developer

Hi Daniel,

Maybe the rights for that specific file (acp.php) is not set properly?
And based on your first message, you’ve got this issue already for a long time, correct?

In that case, it does sound like a specific environment issue since we did not hear this issue before. I guess that a fresh install just works right?

6 years, 4 months ago
Daniel

That’s correct Stefan. However, we changed our hosting provider and the same still happening.

I have reset all the files permissions. I will have to try again when we get a new update. (

Thank you.

6 years, 4 months ago
jdisenso

I am getting the same issue through the WP Dashboard. I have checked my Admin Columns dashboard and the site is listed correctly. The license is entered correctly as well. I’m also getting the same error on the staging site. Was this ever resolved?

5 years, 2 months ago
Developer

JDISENSO, do you get the exact same message when you try to install or do you see another message?
Please notice that you can do a manual install when the automatic install does not work.
Our update process bypasses the default WordPress logic, since the plugins files are retrieved from our own server instead of the WordPress repository.

5 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.