Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
D

Can not find Custom Fields I have created

Dear Support,

I have custom fields created via metabox.io which work in the users section.

The problem is the updated fields are not showing up, newly created fields or even when I edit the orginal fields. It will only show the original text fields.

Is there something i am missing or need to do to get the new customs fields to be found in Admin Columns?

Thanks

7 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi,

I’m not really familiar with the metabox plugin but if it stores data in the usermeta table, you should be able to select the fields from the Custom Field dropdown. But you have to understand that the dropdown list is populated based on the records in the database. We look in the database for all used meta keys for the current overview, in your case users.

So at least one record (user) should exists having the new custom fields populated. After that the key should be available in the dropdown list.

I quickly tried to reproduce the issue but if I’m correct, you need the User Meta extension to make metabox work with users right? https://metabox.io/plugins/mb-user-meta/

7 years, 2 months ago
D

Dear Stefan,

Yes, I used User Meta extension to create the box. So what you are saying is that the fields need to have content in it before it will populated. If so let me give it a try and get back to you.

Dave.

7 years, 2 months ago
D

Dear Stefan,
That seem to work. If i have any more problems will get back to you.
Thank you for the quick reply
D.

7 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

You’re welcome. I will close the ticket

7 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.