Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Helen Seddon

Bulk editing progress bar doesn’t reach 100%

We’re having an issue where the bulk editing progress bar just never reaches 100% and continues forever unless we cancel it. The values are added to products without issue in the background though, but we just don’t see these appear within the column until clicking cancel. If just left you would easily assume that the bulk edit has not finished, when in actual fact it has completed but the progress bar has just not reached 100% (and therefore doesn’t come up with the “Done” / “Done & Deselect” options).

This doesn’t happen all the time, but often enough for it to cause issues. Happens when bulk editing any number of products (e.g. 20, 30, 50, 100 etc…).

Could this be down to server speed (this is on a somewhat unoptimised development server at the moment)? Or is this an issue that others have experienced / can replicate?

2 years, 3 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

If this issue is related to your server, you could try to lower the number of items processed per batch with this hook:
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-hooks/blob/master/acp-editing-bulk-editable_rows_per_iteration.php

The default is 250, but you can lower it to 50 for example, and see if that makes any difference. Another cause of the issue might be that there is a server error during one of the batches. You could monitor the Ajax requests and see if one of the calls gives a 500 error. In that case, I suspect that something related to our plugin can be found in your error.log file.

2 years, 3 months ago
Helen Seddon

Perfect – I will try that. Thanks Stefan, much appreciated!

2 years, 3 months ago
Helen Seddon

Just an update – adjusting the number of items being processed per batch has worked perfectly. Thanks Stefan.

2 years, 3 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for letting us know. I will mark this issue as resolved.

2 years, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.