Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Ian Davenport

Bulk Edit for WooCommerce Attributes replacing not adding

I’ve switched to Admin Columns Pro for maintaining a WooC store, rather than one of the many other clumsy “bulk edit” tools out there.

So far its great, however I’ve hit a problem with bulk editing attributes, in that the default method is to replace the attribute, rather than to add one.

e.g.

Product 1 ‘ingredients’ : Milk, sugar, butter, flour
Product 2 ‘ingredients’ : Yeast, flour, butter

Selecting both these and doing a bulk edit on the ‘ingredients’ attribute to add ‘eggs’ gives the following:

Product 1 ‘ingredients’ : Eggs
Product 2 ‘ingredients’ : Eggs

The expected behaviour would be to add ‘eggs’ to each product, rather than overwrite. Or at the very least have an option in settings to choose ‘replace’ or ‘add’

Or am I doing it wrong? Is there a workaround I’ve missed maybe?

Thanks

2 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

This is currently as you already mentioned the default behavior.
In fact, replacing the current value is for all our editing logic the default behavior.
We do however have an option to select if you want to replace, add, or remove terms from taxonomy columns.
This could work for the Attribute column, but only if you have a taxonomy term column. We’ll need to implement this though, so I don’t have a workaround for you at the moment. I’ve added it to the feature request of the WooCommerce integration.

2 years, 6 months ago
Ian Davenport

Thanks for the reply Stefan, and sorry for my delay in coming back to you.

Thats a shame, as I would say that *adding* is by far the more common requirement for attributes on a store than replacing, as you’re typically working with lots of individual items that may share some but not all attributes. Unfortunately without that, it isn’t really a viable solution for store management, which is disappointing as its a far more elegant interface than any of the existing “bulk edit” solutions out there.

2 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Just wanted to let you know that it is already patched for the upcoming release of the WooCommerce integration.
I will now send you that version to the email attached to your account. If you did not receive it, please contact me at support@admincolumns.com so I can send it to you again.

2 years, 6 months ago
Ian Davenport

Hi Stefan – the patched version works perfectly, thank you for the excellent customer support.

Well worth the money!

2 years, 6 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.