Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Markus Leitner

Bulk edit for categories – sorting of available categories in selector

Hi there,

I am using quite heavily the bulk edit function, especially for categories.

When I bulk edit the categories for posts or pages, the sorting of the available categories to select from, is a complete mess. It is really hard to find the desired columns. Is there a way to display the categories as they are sorted/listed in the categories taxonomy?

Thanks,
Markus

3 years, 10 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Markus,

I understand what you’re saying and although it might seem that the sorting is a mess, it actually sorts alphabetically. At least it sorts alphabetically on the actual term label. We do prepend the path before the label in order to show its structure.

By default, the WordPress overview shows the tree of items, but only when sorting or filtering is not applied. We chose to sort the list on Title of the terms but ignore the indenting like WordPress does as described above. Since the path is prepended, it seems not sorted. Knowing how this works, does that make it any better?

We could just show the term label, but we found that working with a lot of indented terms, this might also not work very well since duplicates are allowed.

3 years, 10 months ago
Markus Leitner

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for that vital information.
I changed the order of the categories manually, and now it is nice and easy to search, navigate and select.

Cheers,
Markus

3 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.