Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Mark Ward

Bulk Edit Error – Request failed with status code 504

I created a taxonomy in ACF and included it in the admin columns for posts. when I go do a bulk edit with only a few posts items with a replace by…, it will time out with the Request failed with status code 504 after 2 minutes. Oddly enough, if I refresh I find that it did add the vocabulary word to the post. If I try and scale this to something like 30+, it will do about 10, then stop. But regardless, it will always time out with that error.

4 months, 4 weeks ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

By default the number of items that is processed per batch is 250. The replace by feature might be a bit heavier on performance than a ‘Replace’ feature, but you should still be able to process more than 10 items per batch.
I’m not sure why it takes so long on your environment, but you could try to lower the items to 5 and see if that at least works for your environment with the following hook.

https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-hooks/blob/master/acp-editing-bulk-updated_rows_per_iteration.php

10 items in 2 minutes is still way too long though, can you put the number of items to 1 and tell me how long the Ajax call takes for just updating 1 item?

4 months, 4 weeks ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.