Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Robert

Bug: Wrong User counts, users won’t display

I have a problem with User counts and displays on my Users listings pages.

Although the top line (which includes clickable role names) shows the correct counts, the “XXX items” line beneath shows a far smaller number.

Here is a grab of the problem:

This is the case in both the “All” list view and in role-specific list views, ie. “Administrator” list view. It means many users are missing, from both the count and the display. There are four Administrators, but only one is listed, and it’s not me, the site owner.

To test, I have created a new dummy user, “joebloggs”, with an Administrator role, and, when I log in as him, the “items” count and list items correctly match the full count and the line above.

I have now confirmed that disabling the Admin Columns Pro plugin cures the problem. However, this is not a solution, as I purchased Admin Columns Pro to do a job.

Please can you help?

7 years, 7 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Robert,

It looks like you’re sorting on a column.
Can you click on the ‘reset sorting’ button on top of your overview?
Does this show the expected list of users?
In that case the count is not correctly displayed according to the sorted result and we have to fix this.
By default empty values are not displayed when you sort on a column. You can change this setting in the Admin Columns Settings page.

7 years, 7 months ago
Robert

You’re right, I am sorting on a column – the count for a custom post type.

When I Reset Sorting, everything works – the numbers are correct and all the people are shown correctly.

But when I sort on my column again, it goes wrong again.

FIXED:
Yes, you’re right.
When I enable showing of all items, even empty ones, all the numbers are now accurate and all users are displayed.
In other words, I need to see all 0-post users.

Thank-you, Stefan.

7 years, 7 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.