Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Thomas

Author inline edit not working anymore

Hi there,

Recently, the author inline edit field stopped working. You can trigger the editing pop up but after a quick search it doesn’t show any authors available for selection (only the already active author is displayed).

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Thomas

7 years, 5 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Thomas,

Can you give me the exact column type that you’re using?
We’ve changed something in the ACF related user column since ACF has removed some methods to get users by ajax.

7 years, 5 months ago
Thomas

Hi,

I’m talking about the author column type for posts/post types which displays the author of a post/post type. I’m not sure regarding the exact column type name, when you select it in the Admin Columns Pro settings it has no options except the editing and sorting enable/disable radio buttons..

Cheers,
Thomas

7 years, 5 months ago
Developer

Hi Thomas,

Can you give me access to your (test/dev) environment so I can have a look?
This is not a know bug and I cannot reproduce this issue so I like to have a look at your environment what is causing the problem. Please send me the info at support@admincolumns.com or try to reach me at the live chat on our website.

7 years, 5 months ago
Thomas

Hi,

It seems removing the column and adding it again solved this issue.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Thomas

7 years, 5 months ago
Developer

Strange but great that is solved your problem.
I will close this ticket for now.

7 years, 5 months ago
Viktor Hanáček

Hi, I have the same problem. Both “Default” and “Custom” Author don’t allow me to inline edit them even when in setting the Inline edit is ON. WordPress 6 and AC 5.7.3.

1 year, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

By “Default” and “Custom”, you mean roles? If so, could you check if these roles have the capabilities to edit posts. They are called “edit_post” and “edit_posts”.

1 year, 8 months ago
Viktor Hanáček

Default and Custom are columns groups.

1 year, 8 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

I see. Ok, you are talking about both “Author” columns in the two different groups. I have send you an email to help you with the issue.

1 year, 8 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.