Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Brian

Annoying nag message

Hi support,
Great plugin and we love it. But, you have this “nag” message that will not go away reminding to update the plugin.
I can totally agree that AFTER the renewal date, you’re justified in keeping the nag message there. But up until then, your nag message should be dismiss-able.

Just a minor annoyance on an otherwise great plugin.

5 years, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Brian,

We’re currently working on a refactor of our notices.
To be sure, can you send me a screenshot of the notice you mention?
I will discuss this with the team and see if we can come up with a solution.

5 years, 11 months ago
Antar

Same here. I am just about to hand over a site to a client and I have the annoying nag message in the plugin area. I don’t need to renew my license for 2 weeks and yet I can’t get rid of the message.

I understand that you need to remind people about renewing – but please don’t treat us like children!

5 years, 11 months ago
Eugene

Not only the above complaint, BUT 25 DAYS BEFORE EXPIRATION – these bad things happened, disabling my site. Were it not for my experience and skill, I’d be DOWN!

– Column Editor Stopped working.
– Access to Admin Column Pro Settings, not allowed access (yes, 25 days BEFORE expiration)
– “Any” Plugin update FAILS and the site won’t load.

Whatever your logic to block access to plugin features upon expiration – the strategy should NEVER disable the other plugin functions. TEST, TEST, TEST.

Otherwise I love your plug in and spend the money because it makes my administration much easier.

5 years, 11 months ago
Developer

Hi All,

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and of course, this should not be happening in our plugin.
At this moment we’re working on a refactor for all notices so these problems should be going away after the next major release. Until then, you could use the following snippet in your theme or custom plugin to disable the message.

add_filter( 'ac/suppress_site_wide_notices', '__return_true' );

We’ll make sure all notices are dismissable!

5 years, 11 months ago
Developer

We just released 4.2.9 with some styling fixes for the notices.
I was able to dismiss the renewal message in 4.2.8 but the remove button was placed incorrectly by the CSS. This issue is fixed in 4.2.9.

5 years, 11 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

I want to clarify that our plugin always keeps all it’s functionality, even with an expired or missing license. We do not limit any features on expiration.

The problem we discovered was that the “close” button was misplaced, by missing CSS, like Stefan explained. We are sorry for the inconvenience it caused, but the latest update will fix that.

We are not aware of our plugin conflicting with any other plugins. If that’s the case, please let us know which plugins had an issue, and we’ll resolve them. You can mail us directly at support@admincolumns.com.

Tobias

5 years, 11 months ago
Eugene

AdminColumns Team
Thank you for the several updates as we went. I appreciate the effort to communicate and also the concern for impact.
We renewed our subscription.
Thank you
Gene

5 years, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.