Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Etienne Delcambre

Advanced filters

Hello,
First, thanks again for the great plugin!
Here are some questions about the filters…
#1 Is there a possibility to set up a combination of two filters with “or” relationship between them ?
#2 I also would ideally need some complex filtering like (filter 1 AND filter 2) OR (filter 3 AND filter 4), is there a way to achieve that, through some hooks maybe ?
#3 Also, I wondered if there would be a way to achieve that the filter would be applied using, not the raw value, but a value modified by the “ac/column/value” hook, or some other hook ? It could be a way to circumvent the #2 question…
Thanks in advance!
Etienne

2 years ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Etienne,

Unfortunately, I don’t have a very satisfying answer to your questions, I’m afraid.

#1) It is currently not supported to filter on ‘OR’ operators.

#2) This also means that it is not possible to add more complex filter sets. This is the reason why it is not supported in the first place because the interface for filtering will probably become far more complex than just adding single filters.

#3) Filtering on a value is not something that we support in our plugin. Filtering works directly on the database, so it can only filter on values that are actually in the database. If we would filter on values that run through a hook, we need to determine the value for every possible record, before we could filter. Of course, this would mean filtering will become useless for larger datasets.

2 years ago
Etienne Delcambre

Ok thank you anyway for your explanations.
Best,

2 years ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.