Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Loreen

Advanced Custom Fields – asking for me to upgrade

From the WP Dashboard, I’m being asked to upgrade my account by going to admincolumns.com. When I go to the admincolumns.com site – it appears I’m good w/ the ugprade, and I don’t see anything anywhere which shows where I can add / purchase the Advance Custom Field add-on. How do I add this functionality?

9 years, 11 months ago
Jesper

Hi Loreen,

It looks like you’ve got a Personal license, which does not include the Advanced Custom Fields Add-on. To download the Advanced Custom Fields add-on, you will have to upgrade your license to the Developer license. You can upgrade your license from the Upgrade page.

After upgrading, you can download and install the plugin directly from your WordPress installation!

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 11 months ago
Loreen

Ok – I thought because I had the ability to update fields in the older version – I would still have this ability when I got moved to the new version. Did I misunderstand?

In case I did – I purchased the business upgrade today. My settings screen shows I have 5 of 6 installs available – so it knows I’m using the business version.

However I’m still getting “Current susbcription does not allow the download of this addon. Please upgrade your licence at Admin Columns Pro.” as an error when I try to download this addon.

9 years, 10 months ago
Jesper

Hi Loreen,

The Advanced Custom Fields Add-on is only available with the Developer License, and not with your current subscription (Business).

With kind regards,
Jesper

9 years, 10 months ago
Justin

Hi Jesper – this bug actually exists with the developer version as well due to a bug in admin-columns-pro/pro/classes/license-manager.php. On line 300 it reads:

if ( ! is_wp_error( $plugin_data ) && ! empty( $plugin_data->new_version ) && version_compare( $plugin_data->new_version, $version ) > 0 ) {

However it should use $addon['version'] instead of $version:

if ( ! is_wp_error( $plugin_data ) && ! empty( $plugin_data->new_version ) && version_compare( $plugin_data->new_version, $addon['version'] ) > 0 ) {

Making this change got rid of the “ghost” update notification for me it thought the installed version was 0 and thus prompted for an upgrade.

9 years, 10 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Thanks for spotting it. We rolled out an update v3.0.5 with the fix. You should be able to auto update the ACF add-on again with this latest version.

9 years, 10 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.