Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Joachim Happel

admin list crashes after update to pro 5.4.1

I use Admin Columns Pro + Advanced Custom Fields. (Both freshly purchased). After the 5.4.1 update, all the changes resulted in more errors in the table view every time I saved (Great horror). Also, some changes were obviously not saved. The individual columns were broken in the table. Already during the selection of ACF Pro fields Javascript errors were noticeable. The labels were not recognized.

After the rollback to 5.4. I could generate the columns again and the table view was ok again, at least for me.

I hope, you can fix the bugs asap.

3 years, 1 month ago
Joachim Happel

Small addition, although not the main problem:
This error is displayed in the Console when I select an ACF field:
Uncaught DOMException: Element.querySelector: 'option:selected' is not a valid selector

Here is my System configuration
Wordpress 5.6.1
Advanced Custom Fields PRO
Admin Columns Pro 5.4.1
Admin Columns Pro – Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) 2.6.3
php 7.4.3

3 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for your feedback.
I was able to reproduce the ACF select JS error, but as you said, this is not the main issue.
Can you share the problems that you have (JS errors) with me by email so I can try to reproduce the issue and come up with a fix? You can send that to support@admincolumns.com

3 years, 1 month ago
Joachim Happel

I tried to reproduce the error, but could not. Something caught my eye: When I add a calculated column via manage_{$post->post_type}_posts_custom_column hook this new column is not recognized in the Columns manager. However, after saving today the table layout was always correct. Yesterday it was completely broken after saving and could not be corrected.

3 years, 1 month ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We refactored the scripts for the admin area.
It might be cache related for the scripts.
When you add a new column with the manage_post_column hooks, you’ll need to visit the list table page first at least once, before it will appear in the ‘default’ section on our settings page. The reason for this is that the default/original columns will be set on the list table.

3 years, 1 month ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.