Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Mark.Smith

Admin Columns Pro compatible with PHP 7.1?

I have recently switched to web hosting service provider SiteGround.
I need to upgrade from PHP version 7.0.30 to at least PHP version 7.1 to properly run their caching plugin – SG Optimizer.
However their plugin compatibility checker is reporting Admin Columns Pro version 4.3.5 is not compatible with PHP 7.1
Specifically;
FILE: /home/utilarea/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/classes/Model/CustomField/Numeric.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7 | ERROR | 'numeric' is a reserved keyword as of PHP version 7.0 and cannot be used to name a class, interface or trait or as part of a namespace (T_CLASS)
FILE: /home/utilarea/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Sorting/classes/Model/CustomField/Numeric.php
8 | ERROR | 'numeric' is a reserved keyword as of PHP version 7.0 and cannot be used to name a class, interface or trait or as part of a namespace (T_CLASS)
FILE: /home/utilarea/public_html/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Filtering/classes/Model/CustomField/Numeric.php
7 | ERROR | 'numeric' is a reserved keyword as of PHP version 7.0 and cannot be used to name a class, interface or trait or as part of a namespace (T_CLASS)

5 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi,

The keyword ‘numeric’ is marked as a soft reserved keyword and this is what is written about that:

The following list of words have had soft reservations placed on them. Whilst they may still be used as class, interface, and trait names (as well as in namespaces), usage of them is highly discouraged since they may be used in future versions of PHP.

So it will work if you upgrade your PHP version at this moment. It still seems like a good idea to change it in our code so I will create a ticket for this. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention!

5 years, 9 months ago
Mark.Smith

Thank You.
I guess the SiteGround tool for upgrading the installed PHP version has something which examines active WordPress plugins for PHP errors (warnings, notices, stricts, and deprecated).
I was able to upgrade the installed PHP version by deactivating the Admin Columns Pro plugin, upgrading to PHP 7.1, and then reactivating Admin Columns Pro.
Admin Columns Pro seems to work without any obvious problems on PHP 7.1

5 years, 9 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for the feedback and I’m glad it works for PHP 7.1
I will close this topic.

5 years, 9 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.