Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Saulo

Admin Columns and WPML

I have problem after I updated WPML to the latest version (3.2.4). The flag column is showing the same flags for all languages.

I have 3 languages set up (English, Spanish and Portuguese). The flag column always show the spanish and portuguese flags, even if I am in one of those languages.

By the way, I think you guys should consider apply for the global program to make Admin Columns compatible with WPML, as it’s the most popular translate plugin for WordPress ( https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ )

thanks!

8 years, 7 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

Hi Saulo, could you try removing the WPML column and then add the column again?

8 years, 7 months ago
Saulo

I’ve tried but it didn’t fixed the problem.

8 years, 7 months ago
Tobias Schutter
Developer

I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue yet ( with WPML v3.2.5 installed ). The flags seem to show correctly.

Could you try disabling all other plugins and switch to a default theme, just too make sure it’s not a plugin conflict.

8 years, 7 months ago
Remco

I’m having the same problem and have found the following situation:

When setting up the Admin Columns for a specific post type, CAC save’s the columnheader of WPML flags as plain HTML. When i setting up CAC in the dutch language i see a german and english flag.

When i am changing to the german language CAC is still serving the plain HTML of the german and english flag: But’s this header information is not correct anymore when you changed to another language. The image labels are not corresponding anymore.

8 years, 6 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

I think I found out what’s causing this problem.

@saulo @remco is it correct that the posts where you’ve added the language/flag column are not in the translation list of WPML? In that case, you don’t have any value at all in the columns ( add and edit icons ) for your post. If so, can you enable translation for your (custom) post. WPML -> Translation options -> Custom posts
When you’ve enabled translation for those posts, does the column now shows the correct flags?

With this method I was able to reproduce the problem. I noticed that the flag column was automatically added / enabled for each (custom) post where I opened the ACP settings screen. In fact I wasn’t able to deactivate this column at all. After some research it looks like WPML uses it’s own mechanism to show or hide this specific column. We had a specific WPML fix for this but because of some changes in WPML we have to find a new solution for this problem. At least we now where to look and We working on it.

8 years, 6 months ago
Developer

At least a quick fix for the time being.

remove the field and save the settings for in the ACP setting page. The next page load the field is reactivated but not until you resave the page. The default behaviour for this column is restored. WPML only shows the column when there is a value to show.

8 years, 6 months ago
Developer

Good news, We’ve made a fix for the upcoming release 3.6. This will be released this week.

8 years, 5 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.