Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Ron Warris

Adding ACP – JetEngine Plugin Resets ALL Settings!

I just added the “Admin Columns Pro – JetEngine” plugin only to discover that doing so completely resets ALL of my ACP configurations and Column Sets for me and everyone else, representing many hours of work and tweaking to get everything set up just the way that everyone likes to work.

Needless to say, I am furious right now as I will have to reconfigure everything from scratch.

Adding a new plugin should NEVERdelete or alter my current column configurations! And if it is something that cannot be avoided, then you need to display in very large and very clear messages that what you are about to do will result in a full reset of ACP.

Signed – One Very Upset Customer

1 year, 12 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hello Ron,

We’re so sorry for this issue and this is completely our fault.
There was a bug in our update script that causes to run a very old script that truncates the column table.

The fact that all column settings are stored in a separate table, might be a small advantage for you. If you have a backup of your database, you can easily migrate the table ‘{prefix}admin_columns’ from your backup and copy it to your live database. Every record in this table contains the column settings.

I really hope that you have a recent backup of your database so you can save the hours of work you put into the column configuration.

Nonetheless, we directly patched this in a newly released version of the JetEngine integration so this will never happen in the future.

1 year, 11 months ago
Ray Gregson

Is the fix for the ACP-Jet Engine add-on in version 1.1.2?

1 year, 11 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

@Ray, did you already experience this issue on your environment? In other words, did you lose all your column settings? Updating to the fixed version 1.1.2 will unfortunately not bring back the settings, you’ll need to bring them back by copying the records from the admin columns tables in your database backup.

If you did not yet upgrade the Jet Engine integrations, you can safely update the plugin, since the old wrong version is not available anymore.

1 year, 11 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.