Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
mark24

Add variable from another plugin

HI We are using the awesomesupport plugin, and it allows me to add columns in the custom post type.
What I am trying to do, is get a field value from the wp mail logging plugin to show in a custom column.

The reason we are doing this is that when a new support ticket is open, it automatically emails to an agent.
That’s been failing, and I need to cross check it in the wp mail log

So what I’d like to do is echo the variable for the “receive” email (which verifies that the mail was sent to a particular email)

I’m new to PHP, but it occurs to me that it it exists as a variable in the array inside the plugin, and all I want to do is say ” ok please show that variable in this admin list also for this custom post type”

I’m not sure if admincolumnspro can do that, or if it’s jsut plain old php.

But it’s possible, just how to skin the cat.

6 years, 3 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Mark,

In order to create the column you want, you’ll have to create your own column because we don’t offer support for this particular plugin. It’s also not possible to show custom fields of a related custom post type without coding the column yourself.

We do have a documentation page that explains how to create your own column. It even comes with a toolkit with a working example.

Creating a new column type

And yes, it is definitely possible to do it ;)

6 years, 3 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.