Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Cathy

Add to Quick Edit Screen

I have created a few columns and I would love to add them to Quick Edit screen for bulk editing. Is this possible?

9 years, 9 months ago
Jesper

Hey Nolan!

Admin Columns doesn’t focus on the Quick Edit feature, at this point, as we believe we’ve found a better alternative to that in direct inline editing. However, it would be very useful for bulk editing indeed.

We’ll think about releasing an add-on for this, but I must say that I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much for a quick release on this. We’re working very hard on some cool new features, and time isn’t always on our side :-). However, we’ll keep it mind, thanks for your suggestion!

Cheers!
Jesper

9 years, 9 months ago
John

Any update on this? Bulk edit would be great. :D

9 years, 1 month ago
Jesper

Nope, there’s not really been any progress on this. The focus of Admin Columns is really (as the title suggest) in the columns. Quick Edit and Bulk Edit are both features that are a bit out of the scope of Admin Columns, as they’re not directly related to columns. If you’re really looking for a solution to this, I would suggest hiring a third party developer to create an addon for Admin Columns.

9 years, 1 month ago
John

Ok cool just thought i would ask… If I write the addon would ACP considering adding it to core or put a link on your site?

cheers

J

9 years, 1 month ago
Jesper

Hi John,

We would consider putting a link on the site, and we greatly encourage external developments for Admin Columns! It would be very unlikely to be added to core, but promotion would be possible. Are you thinking about developing this yourself? We would also be more than willing to advise you on developments and provide personal support on this.

Cheers!
Jesper

9 years, 1 month ago
Paul

Hi Jesper,
I’m also looking for this functionality too.

Please consider making a plugin for AdminColumns expanding Quick Edit and Bulk Edit.
Is this on the road-map meanwhile? And if not, could you consider?

Regards,
Paul

5 years, 5 months ago
lubowan

This would get my vote too.

It seems like an obvious addon, particularly for dealing with bulk editing in the media library, which is something clients ask for time and again.

Best wishes,
Rob

5 years, 4 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.