Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Shae

ACF relationship fields

I was looking to see if you plan on adding some features for the relationship field in ACF. I’d like to be able to see the choices saved in the columns. Know what I mean?

Also, any update on the Date / Time fields displaying the 24 hour format?

7 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi Shae,

Thanks again for your feedback. Here’s our comment on your two questions

24 hour format
I’m not really sure what you mean. If you have a time field in ACF and you select the 24 hour format, you will see also see this on the overview, right? In our upcoming release, you can change the date format for your column so I think this is not a problem anymore in that version.

Flexible content type
I’m with you that the current info for the Flexible Content Field is not saying much and this info can be improved. The problem is that this field is so flexible that we did not get a better solution for determine a value for this field. For example we use this field for some of the website for our clients to make content blocks that can contain a lot of information. It would be a massive column if we display all possible fields for the different flexible content types. We could for example always show the first field of a content field, but maybe this is not relevant at all for some setups.

I like the new option for the repeater field where you can set the field that is shown when a repeater row is collapsed. If the flexible content field had this, we could use this field to extend the information but unfortunately the field does not have this feature.

Hopefully you understand that it quite a challenge to find a good implementation for the value of this field but if you have a good suggestion, I would love to hear it.

7 years, 2 months ago
Shae

I asked a couple of months ago about the time fields, so great to hear it will be addressed in the next release. Do you have a time frame on that?

So the Flexible Fields have a similar solution like repeater fields. See here: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-flexible_content-layout_title/

It would be a huge help to be able to have the field name in the admin columns.

Thanks for the quick response.

7 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Thanks for pointing out that filter, I was not aware of this filter.
I see that this filter is the only way to alter the default label of flexible content field and I’m not sure if is a good idea to rely on that filter in our code. Anyway, I will make a feature request for this and discuss it within the team. You can find the feature request here on GitHub.
https://github.com/codepress/admin-columns-issues/issues/672

7 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.