500 Error on Pro Activation!
Hi the admin columns regular activates fine, but when I bought the pro version and activate it, the dashboard results in a 500 error.
Should the pro and regular plugins be activated at the same time?
Not sure what’s going on!
Sorry that activating the pro might have caused this. Did you have the regular (free) version installed, uploaded the pro and when you clicked ‘activate’ it gave you this error?
Do you know which version of the pro you are using?
The issue was related to WordPress version 4.5 and lower. We have fixed this in today’s release, version 4.0.1. Try and install this release please, it’s should no longer cause an error.
Hi, the Issue is still there.
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/codepress-admin-columns/classes/Column.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/codepress-admin-columns/codepress-admin-columns.php on line 110
This might be another issue. Do you Git when you deploy your website?
Short explanation: Git ignores case-differences and did not change ‘column.php’ to ‘Column.php’.
The previous version of Admin Columns used lowercase filenames. We have adopted this standard http://www.php-fig.org/psr/psr-4/ and started to use CamelCasing on our files and folders.
The easiest way to solve this is remove Admin Columns from your repository, deploy and then put a new Admin Columns in place. Only when upgrading from version 3.x to version 4.x this is a potential issue.
The other solution is not tell Git the file has been changed using the solution offered from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10523849/changing-capitalization-of-filenames-in-git.
yes, we use capistrano for our deployment. The direct upload solves the problem temporarily…
This is a huge pain, we’re using this plugin on a couple dozen websites and run monthly maintenance updates all powered with git. So we now have a streamlined process that is broken because of this. Manually removing and readding the plugin to each environment of each site is a lot of wasted time on something that should be mainly automated.
Maybe a small change to the file as well as a name change would have been enough for git to not break with this release.
I am using the most up-to-date version of the pro plugin. Whenever I install and active it, this error occurs. Even if it is a clean installation. For me, this is not just an issue with upgrading from 3.x to 4.x.
It seems this problem is a little bigger then we thought. We went back in the code and I think we have a fix ready. So anyone who deploys using a form of Git, this fix might solve this issue.
Does anyone wish to test it? We would like to know how it behaves in different situations.
Just reply here and i’ll send the beta to you based on the e-mail in your account.
I am having this issue with version 5.5.3. Was this ever fixed? Every time I deploy using git, it breaks the site and the reason is this plugin. We deploy using bitbucket pipelines and rsync.
Here is more info:
[24-Jun-2021 08:32:22 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/ListScreenRepository/Database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Autoloader.php on line 134
[24-Jun-2021 08:32:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/ListScreenRepository/Database.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/share/pear’) in /wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns/classes/Autoloader.php on line 134
Please remove the Database File (in your code repo it is probably called ‘DataBase.php’) from Git, commit the change, and re-add the file again. There was a change in the filename casing in the past and if Git does not recognize file name changes when only the file casing was changed.
That worked. Thanks for your help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.