Support

Search results for ""

Sorry, no results found. Perhaps you would like to search the documentation?
All Topics
Michael

4.5.2 breaks backend

Hi. I’ve updated to 4.5.2 and it broke my site’s admin backend. The user facing side still works but i can’t load any admin page. I restored from a backup and carefully updated again, making sure every other active plugin updated to their current version, did a backup, then deleted and reinstalled 4.5.2. When I activate it the same thing happens, the entire backend is a blank white page. I’ve spent all morning on this because I want to bulk edit. Please help. thanks.

5 years, 2 months ago
Michael

I’m on WordPress 5.0.3 by the way.

5 years, 2 months ago
Michael

I forgot to mention the same thing happened when I updated it with WP 5.0.2 running.

5 years, 2 months ago
jay3

I’m having the same issue. 500 error. Here is the error log

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/nas/content/live/exchangedata/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /nas/content/live/exchangedata/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns-pro.php on line 55

5 years, 2 months ago
sitexpertid

Hi,

Same thing here, when we activate admin-columns-pro 4.5.2, the back-office is not working anymore. We had to remove it to get it back.

What is happening. We just bought it ! …

5 years, 2 months ago
benjaminmiles

Can confirm. Works locally but breaks the entire admin on the server. Rolled back to 4.5.1 and everything is working again.

5 years, 2 months ago
Kenneth

Same here. Just purchased update got error when I went to post Admin List and broke the site. Could not log back in. Getting this error:

Warning: require_once(/homepages/16/d264773106/htdocs/ComaBeba2/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/load.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/16/d264773106/htdocs/ComaBeba2/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns-pro.php on line 55
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homepages/16/d264773106/htdocs/ComaBeba2/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/load.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.2') in /homepages/16/d264773106/htdocs/ComaBeba2/wp-content/plugins/admin-columns-pro/admin-columns-pro.php on line 55

Deleted the plug-in folder and add-on folders. Was able to login. Attempted to install fresh with no existing plugin folders and still got the error and the site-break.
Have deleted the folders again to regain entry to the backend!

5 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

Hi All,

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience and we want to let you know that we’re working on a fix and made it our top priority. We’re not sure how this issue could happen but we know what causes the issue.

The error said that the following file could not be loaded:

/admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/load.php

This file is probably available on your environment but is called Load.php instead of lowercase load.php.
The strange thing is that when you unpack the zip on your computer, this file is named correctly. For some reason, the file name is changed when uploading the package to the site and activating the plugin. Since we don’t have any clue how this is possible, we’re working on a fix/workaround that totally bypasses this file.

As a workaround for now, please check the following files on your environment and make sure that load.php is lowercase.

• /admin-columns-pro/classes/Editing/load.php
  • /admin-columns-pro/classes/Export/load.php
  • /admin-columns-pro/classes/Filtering/load.php
  • /admin-columns-pro/classes/Sorting/load.php
  • /admin-columns-pro/classes/Search/load.php

If everything’s going to plan, a new version with the fix will be released in a couple of hours. And if anyone has a clue what might be happening with the file name, please let us know!

5 years, 2 months ago
Stefan van den Dungen Gronovius
Developer

We just released 4.5.3 with a quick-fix for this specific issue.
We’re still working on a solid solution for this issue.

5 years, 2 months ago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.